Maintenance depot Nuremberg
Your competence centre for heavy maintenance and upgrading of electric multiple units
The upgrade and maintenance centre in Nuremberg is an integral part of DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung's network of depots. The depot offers individual, affordable solutions for all requests involving the maintenance, upgrading and repair of rolling stock, with customer focus and efficiency.
It also provides services that maintain the value and increase the comfort of vehicles. In addition, it has excellent transport links to the conurbations of Frankfurt am Main, Munich and Stuttgart.
Services and products
Services at a glance
- Planning and implementation of Redesign measures, involving both technical and interior upgrades
- Carrying out of periodic inspections and general overhauls on high-speed trains (ICE) and regional and local trains in the EMU classes
- Painting of single vehicles and multiple units up to a length of 100 metres
- Modern bonding centre for all adhesion levels
- Accident repairs, damage assessment on site, return of vehicles, maintenance/restoration, inspection and return to customer
- Component reconditioning for specific electronic rail vehicle parts; repair of rail vehicle bogies
Innovative approaches at the Nuremberg maintenance depot
- Vehicle and small parts painting station for applying modern, non-polluting, water-based paints with short throughput times
- Specialist bonding centre for adhesion of all types
- Design, construction, maintenance and servicing of galley modules for rail vehicles
- Redesign of ICE 1, ICE 2, ICE T and ICE 3
- Redesign of Class 425 and 420 EMUs
- Restoration of sealing seams e.g. on Class 423 EMUs
- Installation of sanding gear on Class 423 and 425 EMUs
- Painting of whole train, Class 420 and 423 EMUs
- Upgrade of passenger coaches (long-distance), ICmod and ICfit
- Redesign of passenger coaches (for regional and local transport)
- Retrofitting ICE 1 power cars with IGBTs
The Nuremberg maintenance depot as an employer
The Nuremberg maintenance depot trains vocational trainees in the occupations of industrial sales representative, warehouse logistics specialist, mechatronics technician, industrial mechanic and industrial electronics technician. The training programmes are run by highly qualified, expert supervisors and have excellent pass rates.
Cooperative education students are accompanied through their studies by proficient advisors and mentors particularly in the area of industrial engineering.
The next generation of skilled workers and managers is brought on board thanks to partnerships with schools that support their pupils with career guidance.
A wide range of training courses and seminars enable employees to shape their professional and career development proactively. They can also develop skills that are not directly related to their jobs. Employees can further their career, whether as skilled workers or managers or along the project career track, in being given the opportunity to fill vacant positions.
You will find current job vacancies in our careers portal.