We are a strong partner at your side
We are safeguarding the future of our company through a long-term, forward-looking and well-founded strategy. Find out more about how we at DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung are positioning ourselves and what is important to us.
Germany needs a Strong Rail. The rail industry needs a strong vehicle maintenance. We are facing the future challenges of the rail industry together. By performing maintenance on rail vehicles and components, we are making a crucial contribution to managing the rapid growth in transport in a sustainable way – as maintenance means making the best possible use of current resources.
Throughout Germany, we provide targeted maintenance services at our depots, focusing on our core markets:
- Maintenance of rail vehicles in the areas of overhaul, projects and accident repair in rail passenger transport.
- Component reconditioning, for example of engines, Power Packs, brakes, wheel sets, bogies, air-conditioning units and electronics.
We guarantee production resources at all times:
- By expanding and creating maintenance capacities, we increase the availability of vehicles and components. With the construction of Europe's most state-of-the-art and environmentally friendly maintenance depot in Cottbus, we are making an important contribution towards this.
- Through innovative concepts in full service and the expansion of the "ECM*1-4 competency" we are aligning our services to the requirements of the future.
We reduce depot turnaround and throughput times:
- Through the holistic optimisation of our processes and working methods, we are increasing efficiency and quality in the long term. We always avoid waste and ensure competitive costs.
- We are digitalising maintenance. By using modern technology in our depots, such as 3D printing, we are creating the basis for the digital maintenance of the future.
We are a strong team that ensures a high level of availability of your trains every day – because vehicle availability is a central component for growth on the railways.
*Entity in Charge of Maintenance