Mobile joining technology for efficient vehicle maintenance
On request, we will bring our mobile joining technology to you and offer you the same level of expertise as at our maintenance depot.
The maintenance expertise concentrated at the maintenance depot Krefeld can also be utilised on-the-go. We can repair accident and corrosion damage to rolling stock involving steel and aluminium components, conduct adhesive bonding and welding work, and repair fibre-reinforced plastic components directly at your site.
Our mobile maintenance services include certified adhesive bonding, repair of fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) components and welding of damaged aluminium/steel materials.
Adhesive bonding as a core competence: certified in accordance with DIN 6701, Class A1
Joining different types of materials such as glass, plastics and metal is often only possible through adhesive bonding. The maintenance depot Krefeld can perform this state-of-the-art bonding technique – and was the first maintenance depot of DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung to receive the highest A1 certification in this area.
Interesting background information: Adhesively bonded joints cannot be tested without destroying the materials to a certain degree. Therefore, it is essential to avoid potential defects in advance through appropriate quality assurance measures. A single grain of dust or drop of water, for example, can reduce the adhesive strength. To ensure that adhesive bonding is carried out in compliance with standards, we have specially trained adhesive bonding experts and supervisors. Supervision of the adhesive bonding process involves not only monitoring the implementation but also ensuring compliance with climatic conditions.
Fibre-reinforced plastics – a core competence: modern lightweight construction in good hands
A high level of expertise and crafting skills are required to professionally repair fibre-reinforced plastic (FRP) components. It is essential that repairs be carried out as soon as possible, since moisture penetrating the damaged area will further damage the fibres and increase the size of the area to be repaired.
Thanks to our 25 years of experience, we can offer you the following FRP-related repair services:
- Fast assessment of damage and preparation of quote.
- Mobile on-site repair.
- Same standards as at maintenance depot.
- Highly qualified repair teams, fibre-reinforced plastic laminator trained in accordance with DVS 2220 and fibre-reinforced plastic repair personnel certified by the Fraunhofer Institute.
- Supervisors trained as FRP experts by the Fraunhofer Institute.
Welding as a core competence: certified in accordance with DIN EN 15085 CL1
Over the last 30 years, we have earned the reputation as being the "Centre of Excellence for Aluminium". Welding damaged aluminium vehicle bodies is part of our day-to-day business and we are familiar with the thermal challenges of this material.
The main differences compared with steel:
- Significant shrinkage stress and component distortion due to the specific properties of the material.
- Requires sophisticated bracing to ensure that the vehicle body retains its shape.
- Depending on the aluminium alloy, the bracing must remain on the vehicle for several days.
To conduct repair work at your site, our mobile adhesive bonding workstation can be used if necessary (except for welding work). It has an integrated working platform and ensures that the adhesive bonding process is not negatively affected by environmental conditions. Thanks to the optimal climatic conditions, the workstation provides for perfect conditions for efficient and smooth work execution.
Advantages of the mobile adhesive bonding workstation
- Inflatable work space for all train types.
- Can be fully assembled in two hours.
- Can be used for adhesive bonding on high-speed trains, regional trains and trams.
- Integrated professional working platform.
- Meets the criteria of DIN 6701.
- Self-contained media supply (electricity, compressed air, etc.).
- Special lighting inside the working environment (1,000 Lux).