This may be the case if persons contact us by telephone, e-mail or in writing with a request and provide personal data or if we receive personal data from a third party and process it.
Personal data may also necessarily be processed if you are a business partner or customer of us or a service provider, on the occasion of participation in a DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung trade fair or event or in the context of other communication with us.
Who is the responsible office for the data collection and processing?
DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung GmbH is the controller and is therefore responsible for collecting and processing your data. Ms Dr. Marein Müller is the designated data protection officer.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact:
DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung GmbH
Weilburger Str. 22
D- 60326 Frankfurt
Which data do we collect and how and why do we collect your data?
DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung GmbH is active in the maintenance business segment.
The processing of your data may become necessary in various contexts and is based in each case on different legal bases within the meaning of Article 6 or 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These are in particular:
- Insofar as we obtain your consent for certain processing operations of personal data, this serves as the legal basis pursuant to Article 6 (1) a) GDPR.
- When processing personal data that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, the contract is the legal basis under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR. Article 6(1)(b) GDPR also applies to processing operations that are necessary for the performance of pre-contractual measures, for example in cases of enquiries about our products or services.
- If our company is subject to a legal obligation by which the processing of personal data becomes necessary, such as for the fulfilment of tax obligations, to ensure legal documentation obligations or cooperation with authorities, the processing is based on Article 6(1)(c) GDPR.
- In the case of an overriding legitimate interest of us or a third party (e.g. in the case of processing personal data in the context of video surveillance), the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
- The processing of special types of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 (1) DSGVO ("sensitive" data, in particular health data) is only carried out on the basis of the legal grounds named in Art. 9 GDPR; i.e. in particular on the basis of the consent of the data subject, or insofar as this is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We are also interested in maintaining the customer relationship with you and providing you with information and offers that we believe fit your interests. Therefore, we process your data on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR (also with the help of service providers) in order to send you information and offers. We use your contact data (name, address and e-mail address obtained from our business relationship with you) for advertising by post and for similar goods or services by e-mail, in particular market research, unless you object to such use. You can object to this promotional use of your data at any time with effect for the future. You can send your objection by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (advertising objection).
In principle, it is important for us to collect only the data which is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes. In addition, we may also collect data that promotes the purpose of the contract but is not absolutely necessary, e.g. in connection with certain comfort functions. We make this transparent by, for example, marking mandatory fields as such in online forms.
Will data be forwarded?
For processing of contracts in general the engagement of a directive data processor is necessary, e.g. of data center operators, print or delivery services or other contractual parties.
External providers, who collect data in our name, are carefully selected by us and are strictly bound by contract.These providers work in accordance with our instructions, which are ensured by strict contractual obligations, by technical and organizational measures as well as complementary checks.
A transmission of your data will only be proceed in case you give us your explicit confirmation or according to a legal regulation.
A transmission to third states outside of European Union / European Economic Area (EER) or an international organization will not be proceeding, except in case of appropriate guarantees. These include standard contractual clauses of EU as well as EU-Commission adequacy decisions.
We only store your data for as long as it is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected (e.g. within the framework of a contractual relationship) or if this is provided for by law. For example, in the context of a contractual relationship, we store your data at least until the complete termination of the contract. Afterwards, the data is stored for the duration of the legal retention periods.
Here you can find more information about data processing in the DB Group: https://www.deutschebahn.com/de/konzern/konzernprofil/datenschutz/datenverarbeitung-1192224
How long will your data been saved?
The data is only stored as long as it is needed. The duration of the storage depends therefore on the respective purpose. The purpose can result from the contract or also from legal regulations for the storage of business documents or other documents.
Therefore no generally valid storage period can be indicated here.
What rights do you have?
- You can request information about what data is stored about you.
- You can ask for rectification, erasure and blocking of the maintenance of your personal data, if legal bases exists and is possible within the contractual relationship.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint at a data protection supervisiory. The supervisory authority responsible for DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung GmbH is:
Der Hessische Datenschutzbeauftragte
D - 65021 Wiesbaden
- You have the right of portability of all data, which you provided to us on basis of confirmation or contract confirmed (data portability).
- If you give us your consent for your data to be processed, you can revoke this in the same way.
- The revocation of confirmation will not touch the legality of confirmed maintenance until the revocation.
If data collection is based on our legitimate interests or is necessary for the performance of a public task, you have the right to revoke the data collection based on reasons according to your special situation.
To exercise your rights, simply send a letter by post to:
DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung GmbH
Weilburger Str. 22
or Email: email@example.com.
You can contradict to this promotional use of your personal data at any time with effect for the future. You can address your contradiction to the place/address indicated at the beginning (advertising contradictory).